EDTA tetrasodium salt (EDTA 4NA), CAS#64-02-8
Appearance: White powder or white crystalline Powder
Odor: No odor
Heavy metal(Pb): ≤0.001%
Chelate value(mgCaCO3/g): ≥220
Melting point: >300 ℃
Solubility: EDTA 4NA is soluble in water and acid, insoluble in alcohol and benzene.
Stability: Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
Storage conditions: Store in a cool, ventilated and dry place, protected from sun and rain.
It is obtained from the reaction of ethylenediamine with chloroacetic acid, or from the reaction of ethylenediamine with formaldehyde and sodium cyanide.
EDTA 4NA is white crystalline powder contains 4 crystal water, easily soluble in water, aqueous solution is alkaline, slightly soluble in organic solvents such as ethanol, can lose part or all of the crystal water at high temperature.
EDTA 4NA is a widely used metal ion chelator.
1. It can be used in the textile industry for dyeing, color enhancement, improving the color and brightness of dyed fabrics.
2. Used as additive, activator, metal ion masking agent and activator in the butadiene rubber industry.
3. It can be used in dry acrylic industry to offset metal interference.
4. EDTA 4NA can also used in liquid detergent to improve washing quality and washing effect.
5. Used as water softener, water purifier, used for water quality treatment.
6. Used as synthetic rubber catalyst, acrylic polymerization terminator, printing and dyeing auxiliaries, etc.
7. It is also used for titration in chemical analysis, and can accurately titrate a variety of metal ions.
8. In addition to the above uses, EDTA 4NA can also be used in pharmaceutical, daily chemical, paper making and other industries.